Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Living Room Transformation and a visit from a little outside friend!

Today I put some more touches on the Living Room. The only thing I'm waiting for is the Pottery Barn wicker chair from Megan. I had them stored at her house and now I can finally use them again! I am really pleased with the way the Living Room has shaped up-it is so much lighter and bigger! The two guys that bought our wall unit and armchair sent me an e-mail and they got everything to their house all right. Everything worked out for everyone! I went outside this morning with Teddy into the courtyard to water the plants and we had a little surprise-you will have to scroll down to see what it was!!


This was the side of the room with the fireplace before the transformation.

AND TA DA HERE IT IS NOW....


This is the fireplace side of the room all done. Teddy decided he needed to be in this picture-what a pretty boy he is!


Here is the items on the right side of the mantel.


Here are the items on the left side of the mantel.


This is the shaker style end table I had in the garage. I put the orchid Megan and Ken gave me for Mother's Day last year on it, the lovely oval smooth rock from Maine, my huge glass bowl of my beach glass collection and a stick lamp I already had with some books and my blueberry pottery coaster from Maine. I think it looks perfect!


Here was the other side of the room across from the fireplace before.

AND HERE IT IS NOW.....




This is a closeup of the TV cabinet my Dad made for me. He has Lupus and at the time wasn't doing to well, but now he is in remission. He was really upset this piece was being stored in my garage and I was too, but now we don't have to worry because it is in the Living Room and looking beautiful!



My flash was acting up on my camera so this picture is a little dark, but it is so nice and bright now with the blue pillows on the couch, lighter rug and lighter furniture.


I stole these soft blue pillows from my bedroom-I think they are the perfect color blue-very beachy/ocean looking!

HERE IS MY OUTSIDE SURPRISE....

Fernado, my little tree frog friend!



When we lived in our other house we had a little tree frog that I named Fernando. He would come and sit on the house, the gutter drain pipe or my plants every time I was out and about in the yard. He has iridescent gold around his eyes, toes, hips and lips. We actually had quite a few of these little creatures around our house and the would suction themselves to our window sidelights on either side of our front door every night and "serenade us" with their lovely little song. I was sad when I moved because I enjoyed the little frogs while I worked out in the garden or while I was watering my plants on the patio. This morning I went out into the courtyard to water my plants and there Fernando was clinging for dear life to the garden hose! Hey maybe the 2 owls that used to come and "talk" to me while I was on the screened in porch reading will find me too-LOL!!

Here are two more pictures of Fernando, the frog!


No comments:

Post a Comment