Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cupcakes, Peonies and Hostas!

What a combo huh-cupcakes, peonies and hostas! The cupcake part due to the fact that Jenny, my youngest daughter made some cupcakes for Easter dessert. They were really cute-good job Jenny! She made little chicks, bird nests with eggs, bunny behinds, bunny feet, Peeps, etc. Here are some of her creations:





I went out into the courtyard this morning to go into the garage to leave for work and I saw my tree peony, which I have had for 8 yrs (2 in NJ and 6 here in NC) started to bloom. When I got home from work I decided I better take some pictures because it is suppose to rain tomorrow. It looks like rain now! I was going to take any chances. They are such a beautiful color-bright magenta!









I also noticed my hosta plants are in full leaf right now! This weekend they were just little "horns" poking out of the soil and look at them now. I just love how they swirl!







I hope you've enjoyed your little tour through my garden and viewing Jenny's cupcakes. Jenny has her own blog too that shows all of her cupcakes she has created if you are interested: http://cupcakepirates.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment