Sunday, April 11, 2010

Knitted Dishcloths and a few other things

Hi Everyone! I have been knitting dishcloths lately and I love using them in my kitchen. I had been using Handiwipes but I didn't like the streaks left on my granite countertops. I had received some handknitted dishclothes from a friend in a swap and I found them just wonderful. I'm a knitter and I was looking for a project that wouldn't take me too long and the dishcloths fit the bill! Here are a few examples of my handiwork (one is still in progress as you can by the knitting needles).





I went to Michaels yesterday and bought 4 more skeins of cotton yarn to make my Mom some dishcloths for Mother's Day and I'll also make one for each of my sisters when I visit NJ next month.

This morning I was surprised to see a towhee at my birdfeeder. This bird is usually down on the ground scratching around in leaves, pinestraw, etc. I guess this one likes my Sunflower seeds! Here is a picture of a towhee in case you've never seen one.



Everyone enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment