Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday Musings

This morning John and I slept in and then went to our favorite diner called BigView Diner. There is always a crowd there and today was no different. We had a 30 min. wait but that just gives John and I time to catch up with each other and plan the rest of the day! After we got home I decided to add some paint to the ironwork piece I painted a few weeks ago. It was rusting pretty badly and I didn't want it to get ruined (even though I like some pieces rusty). I painted the whole thing with cream Rustoleum. Today I took brown and green and rubbed it over the little birds, leaves and stems on the piece. Here are the before and after pics:

Before:


After:



It looks so much better now. It stands out from the brick more.

Then I had to take some pictures of what was going on in my garden. There really isn't a whole lot going on right at the moment but here are some pics of what is:


I love the color of this Dianthus!


This is a Rose of Sharon blossom. My Dad gave me this Rose of Sharon and it was only a seedling about 12" tall and now it is 4 feet tall and it has these wonderful raspberry sherbert colored flowers on it! Thanks Dad!!


This is my one hosta's flower. I thought the picture turned out really great with the sun coming behind it! Love it!


This is another hosta flower that is in bud. I thought it looked really fantastic so I thought I would snap a picture of it. I love the way it turned out!


Here is another view from the side.


This is the last of the phlox blossoms with a hosta nearby.

Two of my favorite ivy plants:





So all I have to do today is download the last of my BOCD from the library and read. What a great weekend! I wish they were all like these! Enjoy your day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment