Monday, December 27, 2010

It is really cold here but I really feel for all my feathered friends!

Yesterday while it was snowing John went out and filled the bird feeders in our courtyard. There was a steady stream of birds flying in and out. The poor little things were all puffed up so they could stay warm. I have to remember to put the suet out for them too. You can really see the colors of all the birds against the snow-they are just beautiful. Here are some birds I think look exceptional pretty against the snow:


This little bluebird's coloring is so vivid in the winter sunlight! I love these little birds all year round but against the snow they are just gorgeous!


The color of the cardinal as always is a show stopper but against the snow that crimson red just stands out and is enhanced. We have alot of cardinals in Charlotte, which I love! We had 5 male cardinals in a cedar tree the other day, right before Christmas. They looked like red bows all of nature's Christmas tree!


Blue Jays are really bossy and loud birds but I have to say they are just gorgeous against the snow. You can certainly see them from far away(and hear them too!).



This is a slate-colored junco. They are not a colorful bird, but these little birds are so cute! I watch them for hours hopping along the ground,going unnoticed. They are sweet little birds, they don't bother anyone and they aren't agressive at all.

I found this picture online of a fairy with birds. I love it! I like to think this fairy takes care of all the birds in this cold weather we are having!





Everyone have a great day and stay warm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment