Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Parents Came, Visited and Left!

Well the parents made it here by 5 p.m. yesterday and they were gone by 5:35 a.m. today! We had a great time while they were here. The girls and their hubbys came over, we had pizza, my parents opened gifts, the girls and their men left, we visited a little more, we slept for a little and then the parents left! Quick but sweet-we had a really good time. My Mom got a little teary this morning-she really wanted to visit longer. She said she is flying down by herself in the spring and staying longer. Here are a few pictures of last night:


Mom holding the gift Megan made for her. It is hard to see in the picture but Megan counted cross stitched an Amish scene and Ken framed it.


Dad munching on his Chocolate Chip Cookies.


John watching the parents opening their gifts!


Megan posing for a picture and Ken kidding with her (she really had no idea he was teasing her)


My sister, Sue gave each one of us these lovely photo ornaments! She took pictures from my Mom's album from when we were little and put them in the little frame ornament! I love it!! I think I was 2 yrs. old. This was the picture on my parents Christmas Card.

Some visits are longer than others and some are really short like this one. But maybe short is sweeter! We all had a really good time even though my Dad seemed older and a little more frail. My Mom seemed to be doing really well-just tired from the long drive down. She'll really be tired tonight when they get back home! Safe trip Mom and Dad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment