Saturday, September 17, 2011

Mother Natures Wonders

Today I was walking around the yard and I happened upon some truly amazing wonders from Mother Nature!

First I found 3 mushroom formations which were truly works of art. Here they are:




Then to the other end of the spectrum of Mother Nature I noticed my Rose of Sharon, which I brought with me from NJ when we moved here in 2004 was blooming so beautifully. Here are 2 pictures of them:



There is a story behind this Rose of Sharon tree. John and I had bought a victorian house in Branchville, NJ in 1986. We were the 3rd owner of this 75 yr. old home. There was a beautiful Rose of Sharon tree next to our window in the Dining Room. Every year little trees would come up and one year I gave my Dad one of the little trees for his house. About 4 yrs. later the Rose of Sharon tree at our house became diseased and died. My Dad's Rose of Sharon continued to thrive and grow into a huge tree. When we were leaving to move to NC in 2004 my Dad gave me a little Rose of Sharon tree from his tree. We planted it our first house here. When we moved to the townhouse it was doing very well, so I dug it up and put it in a nice larger planter. When we moved here I planted in the ground next to the fence in the backyard. The tree is thriving and reminds me a little of our first victorian and all the happy ties there! That tree has really made the rounds hasn't it!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! Happy Fall Y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment