Friday, December 9, 2011

The Tree is Finally Decorated!


Last night John and I finally completed trimming our tree. I will take pictures over the weekend. Decorating a 10' tree is not such an easy task! I am really upset though because I cannot find the box that has our antique ornaments in it. We moved in May and I know they came with us but now over the weekend I have to tear the garage apart to find them. I miss my clip on birds, little pine cones that are dusted with glitter that were my grandparents ornaments, etc., etc.! I know I will find them, but it is upsetting not knowing where they are. I put the Nativity up last night with my bible from when I was in 3rd grade. I always clip a real feather white dove to the bible just like my Nana did! I have a Waterford votive candle holder next to the Nativity too and I light it every night the week of Christmas. Christmas Day I usually keep it lit the whole day unless we go out. This year I did the banister a little different. We always put the Christmas greens with pinecones on the banister with little white lights but this year I added some small ornaments too-it looks wonderful! I put my mercury glass candlesticks up on the mantel and the glittery silver bird and greens. I also added some antique Santas along with the Santa my Papa gave me when I was one (that makes Santa 51 years old!). I still have to put up my Dickens Village some where and add a few things here and there but I'm pretty much done decorating.

I will be taking pictures and posting everything for you to see over the weekend. It was just too late last night and too dark.

Now I can concentrate on getting the handmade Christmas gifts done and baking a few dozen cookies!

Everyone remember to enjoy the Season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment