Sunday, July 19, 2009

The girls threw me a 50th Birthday Party!!

Yesterday I thought John and I were going to our son-in-law, Ken's birthday party. Megan told us to come over at 5:30 and everyone would be there to celebrate Ken's birthday (which is 2 days after mine). I bought Ken a Best Buy gift card, because he loves computer games, computer items and anything computer! We got to their house on time and I walked in and everyone yelled surprise! I really was surprised! My friends from Church were there and a few other friends. Alot of my friends are away on vacation so they weren't able to come. They were missed but we did have a grand old time! John and I didn't get home until 11:30. The girls, the son-in-laws and John gave me a picture for our Dining Room wall. I have always loved Dan and Pauline Campanelli's pictures. They lived in NJ and we actually met them when we lived there. Pauline has since died, which is a sad thing for the artist world. She had polio when she was younger and was confined to a wheelchair. Dan, her husband used to set up still life settings for her and she would sketch and then painting them. My grandmother had polio and was also confined to a wheelchair, so I feel I had a connection with Pauline, especially after I met her. They also had a farm in Warren County, NJ and raised sheep. We had a farm in Sussex County (one county over) and we raised sheep, she loved to garden, I love to garden, she loved to bake and I love to bake, etc., etc. We have many paintings of Dan's but only 1 of Pauline's. Below is a picture of the painting they gave me for my 50th birthday yesterday! It will always be treasured by me not just because I love Pauline's art but because my family gave it to me out of their love! Happy Birthday to me! (Well really not until Thursday).

No comments:

Post a Comment