Monday, November 16, 2009

The parents have left the nest!

My Mom and Dad arrived again on Saturday around 5:30. I had told them on Friday night when they called that if they didn't argue they could come back on their way through from Florida. I feel like the parent now! They agreed they were horrible and that they would behave. Well they kept their promise! John and I took them to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden yesterday and we had a really nice time. There weren't many flowers blooming but the seed pods, grasses, foliage and berries were really pretty. I'll post some pictures tonight when I get home from work. I had taken my Mom there in June when she was down with my sister and nephew. The orchids in the conservatory were absolutely beautiful also. I got some really nice shots of those too. My parents got up super early and left-they crack me up! They are retired and have no animals at home, nothing to worry about but they are constantly in a hurry! They actually made John go upstairs and tell me while I was in the shower to hurry up so they could say good bye and be on their way! What in the world was the big rush. John and I gave a sigh of relief when their car pulled away! I love them but sometimes they are just too much for me to take!

Everyone have a lovely day! I hope it is as sunny as it is here in Charlotte!

No comments:

Post a Comment