Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The French Gardener by Santa Montefiore


I just finished reading The Glassblower of Murano and really liked that. I was left wit the wonderful task of picking a new book to read. I loved reading about Venice and wanted to keep reading a book about another country so I chose The French Gardener by Santa Montefiore. I started to read and I think this is going to be another good one! I am a gardener and always have been so I was drawn to the cover of this book. There is a woman standing in a field with a very distant village ahead of her. The village is very blurry so you can see that she is quite far from it. Around her though are glorious flowers, lots of flowers! From what I can see in the slightly disorted picture the flowers are poppies, petunias, dahlias, lavender and roses. The woman on the cover is wearing a very bright orange colored dress with her back to us. Should be a very interesting book! I'll keep you informed. Everyone have a very beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment