Friday, June 25, 2010

Books Galore!

Yesterday I hit pay dirt at Borders and Barnes and Noble! There have been a few books I wanted to buy and yesterday I took my gift cards and bought them! I only had to add $10.00 and I bought 4 books-I didn't think that was too bad.


I bought Dorothea Benton Frank's new book at B&N (Borders was out of it already). I have read every book she has ever written. I just love the lowcountry so this should be a wonderful read!


Next at B&N was Needles and Pearls by Gil McNeil. I read her first book called The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club. I loved that book! Hope this one is as good or better than that one!


Then there was On Folly Beach by Karen White also purchased at B&N. I have wanted to read that book since it came out. John and I will be going to Folly Beach in August so I might save it and read it there!



Then at Borders I had gone to a book signing by Janet Evanovitch but Borders changed the way they do book signings for her. She was 45 mins. late and then they just had her sign books and no pre-speech or interaction. You weren't allowed to say much of anything to her when she signed your book either! How are you suppose to get to know the author or find out why she writes! I was highly disappointed! They also gave out numbered wrist bands and I had 233 people ahead of me. I couldn't expect to make DH wait that long and I didn't want to wait that long after working hard all day so we left and had some dinner at Nothing But Noodles. He then suggested on going over to B&N, which I wasn't going to turn down!! We had a lovely night. I'm so glad he will be working regular hours again Monday-Friday 9-5!

Everyone have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment