Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Victorian Tea

I am a huge tea drinker (not so much lately with all the hot weather we have been having!). I love victorian or vintage tea pots, strainers, silver spoons, plates, tea cups, tea cozies and just about anything tea related. Sometimes our lives are so hectic it would just be nice if we could take more time to enjoy the lovely pass time of "taking tea". Vanilla tea is an all time favorite of mine. When I lived in northwestern NJ there used to be a shop that sold loose tea (along with other lovely things) and they had a vanilla tea from a supplier in Maine that I just loved! There is a tea shop in Fredon, NJ called The Tea Hive and they have a lovely assortment of teas also. There is one that is a spice tea and it is so good, I brought some home to NC with me the last time I went there. Not only is tea a wonderful thing but you have all the goodies that go along with it like scones, tea sandwiches, little petit fours, etc. So the next time you need to de-stress, relax just pour yourself some tea and enjoy!


Isn't this a beautiful tea set!


These are cream scones-I'll take one of those!


Here is a Victorian Silver tea strainer. I have 2 strainers, one is similar in style to this one (I received this in a swap from my dear swap partner, Angie at Just Simply Live-thanks again Angie!!)and the other I bought in New England in an antique shop. Just wonderful items!


I love the handle on this silver teapot-such beautiful art!


This little tea cup has a tussie mussie in it-how cute is that!


I love linens and tea linens are gorgeous! I've collected some real beauties over the years. I love my tea cozy I bought when I was in Ireland, it is linen with a toile scene on it.


What would a tea party be without a beautiful tea party hat! Isn't this a beauty!

Take time to enjoy life-I think I'll go an make my favorite cup of tea right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment