Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hot, Hot, Hot!


Whew it has been so hot, hot, hot here!! Every time I open the door to go outside I feel like I am melting! I am so glad we have A/C at home and work. I was thinking back to when I was a child living in NJ and we didn't have A/C. The summers weren't as hot as they are now by any means but I do remember those dog days of Summer! I remember ice pops were our main staple, eating cooler meals like chicken salad, macaroni salad and cucumber salad. We did have a swimming pool growing up and I remember spending most days in that pool cooling off. I did hear on the news yesterday next week this heat wave will break a little, but in the mean time we will just have to put up with it!! I guess John and I will be having some chicken salad, macaroni salad, cukes and watermelon to stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment