Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August 11th my 32nd Wedding Anniversary


John and I were married on August 11, 1979. It was a very warm August day. Our wedding was at 11:00 a.m. I wore a very simple wedding dress I bought in Morristown, NJ. John and I paid for our own wedding, so we could only afford to have 80 people. My sister and I rode in a horse and carriage to the church. The sun was shining and everyone on the street was waving and wishing me well! When I got to the church John and his best man and groomsmen were all waiting for my girls and I to arrive. Right after the ceremony the wind picked up and it looked like it was going to rain. We went to a local train station and had some pictures taken. While we were riding in the horse and carriage to the reception hall a few raindrops came down. As soon as we walked in the reception hall the skies opened up and my new mother-in-law said it is Irish Good Luck to have rain on the wedding day. I guess Mom McDermitt was right because here we are 32 years later!

Here we are! Don't you just love John's baby blue tux!! Gotta love the 70's. Needless to say he and his groomsmen picked it out! What happened to the gray Morning Suit I asked!

John and I are going to have dinner out and then just relaxing with each other.

Cheers sweetie!! Happy Anniversary to the one I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment