Sunday, August 14, 2011

Candles at Night and the Good as new Gazebo Birdfeeder

Friday night the humid weather seemed to break a little and there was a lovely breeze. John and I lit all the candles and the lantern on the patio. The moon was coming out behind the clouds but my camera won't take really good night pictures so I don't have any picture of that. Here are some candle pictures:

Here are all the candles shining brightly on the picnic table. The picture isn't clear, but I still thought it looked beautiful.

Candle burning brightly in the lantern.

Closeup of candle in the lantern.

Almost all day yesterday John and I worked on the birdfeeder my Dad made for us. The squirrels had really done a number of it. The gnawed away at the railings of the fence, the supports for the glass that holds the seed in and the edge around the base of the feeder. I used wood putty like molding clay and recreated railings and all the other parts that were gnawed away. I think it came out pretty good if I do say so myself! After church today I put the last coat of paint on it. Here is the finished product!

Gazebo Birdfeeder all fixed up!

Upclose view of the birdfeeder.

We can see the birdfeeder really good from the patio. I think when my Dad comes for his visit this week, he won't be able to tell the squirrels had a hay day with it.

I'm really glad I could repair this feeder, because as some of you know my Dad has Lupus and he was not in remission (like he is now) when he made the birdfeeder for us. He was quite ill and he said making this feeder for us was therapy for him. I will always treasure it and the squirrels better just leave it alone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment