Friday, August 12, 2011

Let the Weekend Begin!

Starting on Wednesday it felt like Friday to me. I am so glad Friday has finally arrived. This week has been really hectic at work (nothing new there), John and I celebrated our anniversary yesterday, I found out my parents, younger sister and 2 nieces will be visiting next Thurs. through to Sunday, etc., etc. I am SO ready for the weekend to begin.

John and I were going to plan on going somewhere on Saturday, but you know what we have decided to just stay home and take care of some things around the house. We have a bird feeder project that we really need to take care of too. My father made a beautiful gazebo bird feeder and the squirrels one day went crazy on it and chewed on it. I guess they weren't happy that we didn't fill the feeder up. Needless to say, I was heart broken! I really looked at the feeder and I have decided to take on the challenge of repairing it! Wood putty will be my friend this weekend-LOL!! My Dad painstakingly glued on over 388 little wooden shingles for the roof and thank goodness they didn't eat that. Unfortunately the gnawed into the wooden support pieces that hold the pieces of glass (where the seed is housed)in place. I want to have it all put back in a presentable shape before my Dad arrives on Thursday. It will not look as good as new but atleast it will have some resemblance of its former self when I get done with it!

Sunday I am going to see The Help with some of my knitting girls! We decided we needed to see it as a group. I think there will be atleast 10 of us going! Can't wait.

So what is everyone doing this weekend? What ever you are doing have a wonderful one!! HUGS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment