Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Eating Healthier in 2012!

I know people make New Year Resolutions to diet, lose weight, exercise more, etc., etc. I have decided to eat healthier, not a resolution I just need to make some changes in my eating habits. I have lived in the South for about 7.5 years now and I have eaten more fried food in the past 7.5 yrs. than I have eating in my lifetime before that-LOL!! Now I love fried chicken just as much as as the next person, but I have started ordering grilled chicken again. I also need to add some fish or seafood to my diet (of course grilled, not fried). I have decided to cut out french fries and order more veggies or a baked potato (not loaded) instead. My daughter, Jenny told me about a website that will help me track my food and exercise and help me get to the weight I want to be. Here is the website in case you are interested: www.myfitnesspal.com. If you have an iphone, etc. you can sync it with your information from this site.

Now I really need to figure out how to get more exercise in my life also. I sit alot of the day at my computer at my job with some walking from one end of the building to the other but I need to do more. I am going to try and walk on my lunch hour or right before dinner when I get home. I might not be able to do this every day but atleast every other day would be good.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment