Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Preparations




The Thanksgiving preparations are all complete for today! I made an apple pie, a pumpkin pie, the dressing, set the table with my Green Depression Glass, peeled the potatoes and clean up a little. My daughters collect yellow and pink depression glass. One year we used all three colors for Thanksgiving. It looked really pretty!

I had a strange thing happen with the turkey. I thawed out the turkey and I always boil the neck and giblets for stock for my dressing. Well I pulled the neck out of the carcass and I went to pull out the little bag with the giblets and it wasn't there! How could a turkey not have the giblets??? Oh well I used just the neck to made the stock for the dressing. Never had that happen before.

I went to the Dr. this morning and I do have a sinus infection and the start of an ear infection. Good thing I went to the Dr. I've only had one call so far from the office.

Now it's time for me to rest, read and take a nap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment