Monday, September 20, 2010

I am determined to conquer the art of knitting socks!

I have never been a quitter and I'm not going to start now! Well I do have to say I think something has finally slowed me way down and that is knitting socks!! I was doing ok in the first class I took (that was the day of my accident 9/11/10) but the second class on Saturday just has me plain confused and discouraged! I can't say I have ever been discouraged about learning a new craft. I am not giving up though, I will push onward and conquer this battle! Tomorrow night my knitting groups meets and I am begging one of the girls to help me figure out what the heck I am doing wrong! Please say a little (or big prayer if you are so inclined) prayer for me that I will finally understand the world of sock knitting.

My youngest daughter, Jenny (who is 27) said to me the other day, "Mom do you know you can buy a whole bag of socks for about $2". Thanks for those wonderful words of wisdom Jenny-LOL!!! She is right but I have always wanted to learn how to knit them and I will!!

Here are some beautiful knitted socks I found online-they are really beautiful!

I would love to be able to knit a sock like this one some day!


This sock is called a mock cable and I think they are just gorgeous!


I don't know of anyone who wouldn't want to go around the house in these cute little slipper socks!


When I see yarn like this I just see beautiful things, like shawls, sweaters, scarves, hats and yes SOCKS! Wish me well everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment