Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Wonderful World of Books

I have loved books for as long as I can remember. I read the Laura Ingalls Wilder Little House on the Prairie series, Nancy Drew, Trixie Belden, the classics and just about anything I could get my hands on when I was younger! My Nana started taking me to the library at a very early age. She would read 3-4 books a week along with doing numerous knitting and gardening projects! I still always try to end my day reading a paragraph or chapter or two before bedtime. Books are just a wonderful way to relax, learn about something new, escape to another world or life, etc.! I have about 4 bookcases of books in my house right at the moment. If I had more room, I would have more! I also like to display books on tables, chairs, dressers, nightstands, etc. That started me thinking about different ways to display new, vintage or not so new books. I searched the web and here are some ideas-maybe you can use them in your home.

The traditional bookcase is a great way for storing books, but there are so many others ways we can display our favorite books.


This is one of my favorite ways I found on the web to display books! Put them on a tea/kitchen cart! You can also put other accessories on there to complete the display.


Dried flowers tied together with some French ribbon draped over these vintage books would look beautiful in your bedroom, living room, den, sitting room or just about anywhere in your home.


I have always loved ribbons ever since I was a little girl. Rich, luxuriant velvet ribbon would be my choice in a lovely blue color! This is a great idea if you have some vintage books that are not in such great shape. The ribbon will hold the books together and still make them look lovely.


Architectural pieces are a great compliment to books. Place an architectural element with a stack of vintage books and you've got a wonderful decorating group.


You can never have too many books or too many candles as far as I'm concerned! Fresh flowers fit in that category too!


Here is a great way to display some books in your bathroom-on a chair by the tub! I can just picture this bathroom with an old clawfoot tub, this lovely chair painted white and a stack of my favorite books for when I'm soaking in the tub!
]

Well that's it for my book decorating ideas. I hope you decide to display some of your old favorite books or maybe some new books in your home. I think it makes a home look and feel lived in and cozy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment