Thursday, October 14, 2010

Good Witch, Bad Witch, Witches, Witches Everywhere!!

I was thinking of Halloween and one of the major figures conjured up in my mind is witches! There are good witches and bad witches. I was thinking about some of the witches I've grown up with and I came up with these:

First off is the Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz. She harassed and scared the living daylights out of Dorothy and her little dog Toto! She was also mean to Scarecrow, The Cowardly Lion and the Tinman too!



But then you have Glinda, the Good Witch from the North also from The Wizard of Oz. She is more like a fairy than a witch. She is absolutely nothing like her sister, the Wicked Witch of the West!!


Then you have Samantha on Bewitched. She could wiggle her nose and make wonderful things happen or get people out of bad situations into good ones. I loved her and her little daughter Tabitha (who was another witch, a baby witch). I spent many hours in my childhood trying to wiggle my nose like Samantha!



Another really bad which was the bad witch in Snow White. Malificient disguised herself as an old hag with apples. She offered the poison apple to Snow White.



I didn't really grow up with the next group of witches, but my girls did. These are those three crazy, funny witches from the movie Hocus Pocus! I loved that movie and so did my girls!


There are many more witches, but these are the ones that have stuck out in my mind at the moment. What witches did you grow up with (and I mean the ones in books, movies, etc-LOL)?

No comments:

Post a Comment