Sunday, February 13, 2011

Finally my Co-workers Baby Blanket is Completely Finished!!



Today I sewed the satin binding on the baby blanket for my co-worker's little baby boy. Holder was born about 1 month ago, so I wanted to hurry up and finish this blanket before the child is 1 yr old-LOL!!The story behind this blanket is a wonderful one! Unfortunately Holder's great grandmother passed away between Thanksgiving and Christmas 2010. My boss is Holder's grandfather and he brought me all of his Mother-in-Law's knitting needles, crochet hooks, stitch holders, some yarn, etc. I was going through the bag that had the knitting needles in it when I saw a brown paper bag that look extremely old. I opened it up and inside was a baby blanket for a little boy that was started and it was about 30 inches long. I got the idea to complete the blanket for this woman's great-grandson. I'm giving this blanket to his parents tomorrow with a letter inside explaining the story behind this blanket for Holder. I hope Holder treasures this blanket that was started by his great grandmother!





No comments:

Post a Comment