Friday, February 11, 2011

Spring and My Tree Peony

Last night when I got home from the Salon I saw the spotlight was shining right down on the huge pot I've got my tree peony in. I also saw some red shoots coming up out of the leaves I had put on this beautiful plant to protect it from the winter elements. I walked into the house and told John, "Spring is on its way because my tree peony says so"! Of course, you could tell by the look on his face that I must have had a glass of wine (or 2) at the Salon while getting my haircut because plants just don't talk to you-LOL! I then explained what I saw in the pot that held the tree peony and he immediately he had a look of great relief on his face! This tree peony has been with me for a long time. When we moved from NJ in 2004 I dug it up and brought it with me! It is absolutely beautiful and I'll share this picture of one of the blossom (which by the way was the size of a dinner plate)from last year:



See why I love this beautiful plant so much!! Everyone have a lovely day and weekend. Stop by your florist, grocery store or flower market and bring some lovely spring blossoms into your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment