Saturday, February 26, 2011

Spring is arriving in Charlotte

Today I had a Fair Isle knitting class and it was awesome! I came out and the weather was absolutely wonderful!! Sandal wearing weather as a matter of fact! When I got home I walked through the courtyard to go into the house. I started seeing alot of my daylilies, peonies, roses, camellias and other plants all turning green. Spring is really coming to Charlotte now. I love to see all the renewal around me. I love seeing all the green coming back to life and all the spring flowers blooming. Here are some of the photos I took of the things coming back to life in my garden:


My camellias have started to bloom and they are gorgeous!


All of my daylilies have started to grow and turn green! I can't wait until they start flowering. I know that will be some time from now but I can dream!


My 2 containers of lamb's ear is coming back to life. I love this plant! The gray-green coloring along with the fuzzy feel of the leaves is wonderful!


This isn't a very bright picture but my tree peony is growing and buds are forming!! This plant bloomed so beautifully last year. I hope I get the same beautiful flowers this year!


My neighbor, Kathleen has wisteria growing on her fence and it climbs over to our side. I really don't mind because the blossoms are so beautiful and they smell so good. I was surprised today to see the wisteria leaves have budded up already.


This Meyer Lemon tree isn't outside but it is in my Living Room. I was so surprised when I saw this Lemon forming on the tree! I also have another lemon forming too. I am really excited that this tree is finally producing lemons!

No comments:

Post a Comment