Sunday, April 10, 2011

Rain drops on leaves....

Have you ever walked through your garden or someone else's after a rainstorm? I have done this many times and I have been in awe of the little raindrops that gather on leaves. If you look at the texture of a leaf you know there are little crevices, pools, puckers and just so many little places where raindrops can stay. I have 5 different hostas in my little courtyard garden and their leaves are just wonderful for catching mother nature's raindrops! We had a really intense storm last night-we even had hail for a little while the size of gum drops! This morning when I got up I crept out into the garden to take these pictures. I hope you like them!

My little garden fairy who watches over my garden did a very good job protecting the plants from the hail. Isn't she cute!

This dark green and chartreuse green hosta have the perfect leaves for raindrop catching.

My daylilies are so healthy and green this year. I have always loved the way raindrops or water seem to stick to them!

I couldn't believe it when I saw how much water pooled at the tip of this hosta leaf. When the light hits the water it almost takes on a silvery hue-just gorgeous!

One of my all time favorite hostas has puckered leaves and the raindrops managed to land and stay on it.

I have an urn of ivy which I have set on a concrete pedestal. Every leaf of the ivy has curls in it and it catches so many raindrops they form little pools all over the plant.

Another hosta with many, many raindrops.

My tree peony has alot of lush leaves this year and it also caught alot of the raindrops.

This is my moss rose. The "moss" on the buds is so fuzzy that the raindrops don't stick to them! The leaves just love those raindrops though!

This rounded hosta leaf is loving the rain!

I have 4 or 5 Heuchera plants that were my grandmothers. I love the dainty shell pink flowers that form on its stems. The leaves are beautiful in themselves though, they sometimes even look leathery. The raindrops loved them too!

That's the end of the raindrop tour! As you all can tell I love nature, especially my flowers and leaves. I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday where ever you live!

I also wanted to thank everyone for your get well wishes. While I still have bronchitis, I have improved quite a bit. I will be heading back to work tomorrow, but I will be taking it easy. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment