Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mercury Glass one of my all time favorites!

I have been thinking about how I'm going to decorate the house for Christmas this year and mercury glass items are definitely going to be part of the decorations this year! Mercury glass has that old-time, antique, well-loved look that I want to have around my house. Here are a few suggestions and some pretty pictures of these wonderful items:


I just love votive candleholders. This is definitely a lovely grouping!


I'd love to have this mercury glass lamp on my bedside table. Arranged with a few books and the old clock really makes a complete vignette.


These pink roses are gorgeous just by themselves but put them in a mercury glass vases and they really look stunning! These would look love in a guest room or powder room!


You can use these vases for flowers or layer different items in them for the holidays. Greenery always looks so beautiful, red berries are another festive holiday item to add to the vases for that extra punch of color!


These tealights are offered by Pottery Barn. A part of the proceeds go to St. Jude's Childrens Hospital. What a great offering.


I have never seen a pendant lamp in mercury glass, but I thought this was just gorgeous!


I just love this picture!! Pottery Barn always has the great ones don't they! The mercury glass chunky candlesticks add just a hint of sparkle to the room and not just for the holidays!


I have quite a few mercury glass ornaments that go on my tree every year. I have some old and some new. These are new ornaments in this picture but if you look in antique stores you can almost always find these antique treasures.




I would love to decorate my mantel like this!


This mercury glass bowl holds some antique mercury glass ornaments. I love this idea!! Just so beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment