Saturday, November 6, 2010

Silver for the holidays!

With Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner I've been thinking about the things I need to take care of-one being my silver. Every Thanksgiving and Christmas I use my husbands grandmother's silverware. Time to polish that. I was also thinking about decorating with some silver pieces I have collected over the year. Off to the internet I went for some ideas and here are so lovely pieces of silver I thought I would share with you today:


I just love the little silver teapot place card holders! I'm a tea drinker but I think everyone would love these.


Wouldn't this silver grouping look beautiful on a sideboard in your Dining Room!


Lovely silverware.


Don't forget to add silver, glass or white mirrors to your holiday decorating! They are really gorgeous for this time of year.


I just love this little tea cup with the little silver forks.


Don't just store your silverware in a drawer out of site, bring it out into the open by storing some pieces in a pottery urn.

Or in a cut glass cup




Silver that shows a little age or tarnish is wonderful to use in decorating for the holidays.


I have always tried to put a glass candle holder with some silver pieces on the mantel to add just enough sparkle for the holiday season!


I love this Dining Room setting! Very simple but yet elegant! The silver candlelabras add just enough sparkle for your holiday meal!


This silver branch candlelabra really makes a statement! I would add some greenery and some berries for the Christmas holiday.


Napkins rings are always a just little extra item you can add to your holiday table. These silver ones are very elegant and old-world looking.





Don't forget to add some beautiful silver mecury glass ornaments to your tree or put some greenery in a bowl, place some silver ornaments and some red berries on twigs and you've got a beautiful arrangement.

Last and not least don't forget to bling yourself out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment