Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thanksgiving Project Blankets

Most of you know I have been knitting 2 blankets for a Thanksgiving Project. My youngest daughter, Jennifer works for Olive Garden and they are giving Thanksgiving gifts to 5 ladies in a group home. Now these ladies do not have much and Olive Garden has decided to make a really nice Thanksgiving for these ladies! This week the 5 ladies are coming in for a special dinner and then they will be presented with 5 baskets filled with all sorts of things. Jennifer took it upon herself to knit 2 blankets, I knitted 2 blankets and my friend, Patty knitted a wrap. I finished the last blanket on Monday night. While I was glad to finish the blankets and start some of the Christmas presents I'll be giving this year, it was very rewarding to know that these ladies will have something of their very own!

Here is the finally products that I made:


This throw/blanket turned out really well I think!


This picture came out a little blurry, but you can still see it. The colors are a blend of green,turquoise and a little gold thread. Very pretty and really warm!

I hope the ladies enjoy their gifts and God Bless them!! Happy Thanksgiving ladies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment