Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day, Pictures of the New House and Roses!

First of all Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms! I had a lovely Mother's Day with my girls, my husband and son-in-laws. Megan's hubby made mojitos from the fresh mint in their garden-they were yummy!!! He also made ribs on the grill smoked with apple wood, Megan made Hot German Potato Salad, tomato mozzarella salad and corn on the cob. Jenny and her hubby brought Oreo Cookie and Reeses cupcakes-they were so good too!!

I promised I would post some pictures of the new house and here they are so far:
This is the antique gateleg table we have in the front hall. I'm going to get an oval mirror to hang up on the wall too.

This is the small formal living room in front of the house which I have turned in to a reading room.

This is the Great Room looking in from the Kitchen.

This is my lovely one and a half chair. I love reading and knitting in this chair. You can see the outside patio from there. There is great light from the outside in this room.

This is a view in the Great Room looking to the right you can see the Butler's Pantry and Dining Room. To the left you can see the front entryway.


My blue cupboard in the Dining Room.

This is the blue cupboard with the doors open. You can see all my green depression glass that I have been collecting for years.

This is my beautiful antique pumpkin pine stepback cupboard from NY state. I love the patina on this cupboard. It fits perfectly in the new Dining Room.

View from the kitchen to the outside patio area. We love eating dinner out here. There is honeysuckle blooming in the backyard right now and it is so heavenly to smell!

Picnic Table on the patio.

John set up the fountain on the patio and I surrounded it with some of the plants for now.

My lemons made it through the move and here is the biggest one!

Yesterday John, the girls, their husbands and I went strawberry picking. We had alot of fun!

Here is the bag of strawberries (2 gals. to be exact) waiting to be cleaned.

This is the end results. John and I had strawberry smoothies last night and they were so good made with the fresh berries!

John bought me some beautiful roses yesterday for Mother's Day.

This is the bouquet that John bought me-just gorgeous!

I put two roses, one for each of my girls, in the vase that was my grandmothers. I love this vase and it is even more special because my Grandma gave it to me before she died saying I always grow such lovely roses and I could put them in the vase and think of her.

Here is a single rose with baby's breath.



Roses on my kitchen table.


That is about it for today! I hope everyone had a lovely day whether you are a mother or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment