Friday, May 13, 2011

I love sunrooms!

When we moved to Charlotte in 2004 our first house had a sunroom. I painted it a fern green and decorated it with wicker Pottery Barn chairs with ottomans. I love to sip tea in that room or read a book. There was a fireplace in there too so on not so warm days you could take the chill off by having a fire in the fireplace. Then we moved to the townhouse 2 yrs. ago and there wasn't a sunroom. I really missed a nice intimate quiet room to go to. Now we have moved back to a house and while it isn't called a sunroom (the previous owners called it a formal living room) I call it my sunroom! I have the Pottery Barn wicker chairs and ottomans in there, my conservatory, a sofa table from Maine in the front window and I've put pictures in there that remind me of the outdoors. I came across the sunroom picture above on HGTV.com. I love it. Maybe I can add some things like they have in the picture to make it cozier in my sunroom!

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment