Thursday, February 19, 2009

Last night's bookclub was great!

As you all know, I didn't particularly care for the bookclub's selection this month. It was People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks. It is a historial fiction but very detailed and it takes a long time to decipher everything and sometimes you have to go back and re-read sections. I hadn't finished it but at some point I think I will after talking with the author. Geraldine Brooks called in from Australia for a telephone interview with us. She is a very likable person. She is down-to-earth, very intelligent, she was a news correspondent for many years in Sarajevo and Bosnia, she's a Mom, wife and very interesting. I had forgotten I read Year of Wonder, which she wrote and liked that. She also wrote March, which won a Pulitzer Prize. I never read that though. She is working on a book right now, which will be title Caleb's Crossing. This will be about the history of Martha's Vineyard in the 1600's. It sounded quite interesting.

Next month's selection is going to be Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani. I happen to be currently reading this book, so that works for me! It is a very funny, lovely book. The leader of our bookclub is pretty sure Adriana will be coming to our bookclub next month too! That will be a great meeting.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment